Fire units from several local fire companies responded to a Friday afternoon blaze at the newly renovated Cape Charles Hotel.  Smoke was reported showing from the structure.  Upon arrival firemen reported that the blaze was caused by a malfunctioning dryer.   Damaged was contained to the utility room of hotel.  The fire was reported at approximately 1:21 p.m.   The Cape Charles Fire Company was first on scene.  The fire was reported to be under control in approximately 15 minutes.  Units from as far away as Onancock headed toward the scene but several were recalled when the source of the fire was discovered.

 

 

Broadwater Academy Ad