The Eastern Shore Health District has announced a special FREE seasonal flu vaccination clinic will be offered for those who have not yet had a flu vaccination this season.
A walk-in clinic will be held on Thursday, February 22, 2018, from 4 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at Accomack County Health Department, 23191 Front St., Accomac, VA 23301. The number of flu shots available under this free program is limited and available for those 3 years and older only; therefore, flu shots will be given on a first come, first served basis.
People at increased risk for illness from seasonal influenza and who should receive seasonal flu vaccine this year include:
- All people 6 months of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- Healthcare personnel
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Close contacts of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
Contact the Accomack County Health Department at 787-5880 or 824-5616 or the Northampton County Health Department at 442-6228 for any questions regarding this special seasonal flu vaccination clinic.