As of 3 pm Monday here are the statistics for the coronavirus in Virginia from the Virginia Department of Health website and other sources.
- Total number of Virginians tested: 3,697
- Total diagnosed cases of coronavirus: 254
- Total number of Virginians hospitalized with coronavirus: 38
- Total number of deaths attributed to coronavirus: 7 The latest death was a man in his 70s from Virginia Beach with multiple pre- existing conditions.
- The Accomack and Northampton Health Departments have reported 2 cases on Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
- According to Dr. Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, “99% of those who have passed away both in the US and Europe had pre-existing conditions with the vast majority of those victims having multiple pre-existing conditions”.
- Of course it is very important to try to avoid contact with these individuals with pre-existing conditions