URGENT – WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Wakefield VA
714 PM EDT Thu Oct 11 2018
…HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT FRIDAY…
* AREAS AFFECTED: Southeast Virginia, portions of the
Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, and Northeast North Carolina.
* HAZARDS: Strong or damaging wind gusts.
* WINDS: East to Southeast 25 to 35 mph this evening, becoming
north to northwest 30 to 40 mph later tonight into early
Friday morning. Wind gusts of 55 to 60 mph are possible.
* TIMING: Tonight into early Friday morning as the remnants of
Michael interact with an approaching cold front.
* IMPACTS: Strong wind combined with heavy rain will cause
downed trees and scattered power outages. Minor structural
damage is possible.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.